welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Milonga and a desert umbrella

To start with, I'd like to say -no, I'd like to shout to the world- that my cat Milonga (see previous post) is getting better and better! What an enormous, sweet relief! (Because 'sweet' has to be pink, right?)

She's eating with more appetite and she has gained some more weight. She's still weak, of course, but her eyes are livelier and she is more interested in what goes on in the apartment. It was touch and go for a while there, a very difficult time for both of us. It's good to be able to shake off the worries at last!

The desert umbrella is a completely different affair. It whimsically appeared in one of my watercolour paintings more than two years ago and yesterday it made its way into my Etsy shop . They tell me umbrellas do that, they open up and fly away and you never know where they'll land again. I think Mary Poppins was the greatest expert ever in taming them and using their extraordinary capabilities to her advantage.


Though I'm nothing like Mary Poppins, I did my best to accommodate the aforementioned whimsical umbrella and there you have it. I know it doesn't make sense but who says art and sense must go together? The umbrella certainly doesn't!

Oh, by the way, the new listing in my shop is an archival print . A whimsical soul fell in love with the idem umbrella and bought it shortly after it materialised itself.

Take care, me lovelies, and thank you for dropping in ♥

paintafeeling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...