welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Sunday, 21 August 2011

still missing the sea

Hello my patient readers. Hello my impatient readers too, of course! On 12 August I posted a photograph taken on the beautiful Spanish island of Mallorca and I mentioned how much I miss the sea. I still do. We are having a very hot August here and my Mediterranean-coast genes are thirsty for salty, wavy sea water. I keep reminding myself that August has never been my favourite time for summer holidays and that who wants to go to a beach carpeted with thousands of sun bathing tourists anyway? So maybe another seaside photograph can calm my anxiety and give you some pleasure too. Taken in Sitges, a lovely small town (and extremely popular summer resort) on the Catalan coast. Facing South, with the setting sun to the right, the windswept clouds and the leaning tree created quite a dramatic setting.


And please, those of you who haven't already done so, hop over to Natasha Newton's blog because she's hosting a generous fund raiser for Cancer Research UK. It's a fine gesture and she's particularly sensitive on the subject right now. Just read her blog. Good luck, Natasha!

Have a great week, everybody!

paintafeeling

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Ersi! Beautiful photograph, by the way. I also love the coast and fortunately we're only about 25 minutes away by car, so I can visit fairly often! Enjoy the last few weeks of summer. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahhh, salty, wavy sea water, that sounds so poetic and beautiful. It is nearly spring here but we are still having very cold weather so your description
    of warm/hot weather and (even though you are not at it) salty, wavy sea water made me daydream...thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...