welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Monday, 31 October 2011

goodbye, Milonga

It was only 8 days ago that I posted an entry about my cats, with a photograph of 3 of them lazying on my bed. Milonga was one of them. She was fine, she was happy, she played with the other 4 and she purred like crazy on my lap.


Milonga died on Wednesday 26 October, just a few days after my previous post. Her health deteriorated so rapidly that I hardly had time to realize it was the end.  She started losing weight at an alarming pace, though she still ate normally. On Tuesday 25 October she barely had anything to eat. On Wednesday morning she was unable to stand up and walk, when she tried, she fell sideways to the floor. Almost immediately afterwards she started seizing. I drove her to the vet's and stayed with her till the end -and a long while afterwards.

I miss her more than I can say. Looking at her photograph (taken last July) I can't believe she's gone. With 4 more cats at home, the appartment seems empty to me. I so wish I could hold her again...

paintafeeling

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry... I know how it feels to lose a fury family member. Try to think of how happy she was with you, and she must have been, you took such great care of her.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...