welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

sweet bondage

Here I am, breaking blogging etiquette again. First I go without blogging for a month and a half and then I blog on two consecutive days. Cht, cht. It won't do at all. But actually feeling like writing an entry and not doing it seems absurd, so here I go.

Yesterday I mentioned my interest in textile art. There are some outstanding textile artists out there, whose work I contemplate in awe (open-mouthed and salivating). I'll only mention one of them, hoping the rest will forgive me. If I tried to make a complete list I would surely forget many and that would not be fair at all.

I'm sure most of you already know Priscilla Jones. I am following her on Flickr from where I got these two beauties for you to see here:

 Espresso Pot & Cup

 Espresso Cups

Her work is an amazing source of inspiration. I wish I could attend one of her workshops but it would mean spending several days in the UK or somewhere in Europe and that's not possible for the time being. Unless she comes to Spain, of course :)

Her works of art are magical objects charged with delightful taste and great imagination. I love the colours, the delicacy and the playfulness in them. A few weeks ago I decided to create my own very first textile art object. Saint Valentine's was ahead and so the whole composition evolved around a heart.


Don't even try to compare, don't be mean to me! The only reason I post this photograph right after Priscilla's is as an aknowledgement of the influence her work has on me. It got me experimenting with textile art.

I named this piece 'Sweet Bondage', because of the emotional bonds of love and also for the embroidery thread that ties down the composition. Now I find yet another meaning to it: the sweet emotions that Priscilla's work awakens in me and bonds me to it. Thanks, PJ!

paintafeeling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...