welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

my little orange

I may as well state right away that 'it' is not mine, 'it' is not so little and 'it' definitely isn't an orange!


This is Naranjito (pronounced naranheeto), Little Orange in Spanish, and he is a street cat that I have been taking care of for the past couple of years. I love him dearly. He is handsome, he is intelligent and he is cuddly. He lives near my apartment and I take the five minute walk to his territory twice a day, to take him dry cat food and also those canned delicacies he relishes. Mmmm...

Not only does he recognize me but my car too! He probably knows the sound of the engine, because I really don't think he can read my license plates.

Little Orange went missing for almost ten days and I was losing all hope of seeing him again. That made me really sad, unreasonably sad and worried. I know that foxes roam the outskirts of the village at night and they are very bold. The may come within 20 metres (about 60 feet) of a human before they deem it wise to turn around and trot away. Because they trot, they don't run, they won't bother!


But my Little Orange showed up again yesterday afternoon. I was overjoyed to see him and I bet he was too, since he got an extra special ration of food! I think he's moved to a not-far-away house yard where there are many other cats (more than 20, they tell me!) and he probably feels safer there.

It's good to know you are fine, my little treasure, even if you choose to come by once every ten days!

paintafeeling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...