welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Thursday, 26 July 2012

putting it in black and white



I used to live in Barcelona. I left the city in May 2005 and moved to Beceite, a lovely village in a beautiful rural area in Northeastern Spain. I don't really miss the hassle of the city but when I came across some photographs I took at the Port of Barcelona years ago I felt a pang of nostalgia. That's me taking the picture on the upper left centre. It's a reflection of the seaside walk on the glass panels of the Maremagnum building. Or my self-portrait, if you prefer it.


One of the roads circling the port facilities. Some digital postwork. Memories of a bright spring morning.


More reflections on the glass panels, even of a distant cable car tower on the other side of the port.


And a composition that attracted my eyes when I decided to look down a bit :)

paintafeeling

8 comments:

  1. These are very nostalgic, Ersi. So crisp in black & white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! You can't live in a place for over 26 years and not miss at least some parts of it, can you? Black and white is an exercise on leaving out the superfluous, so whatever feelings are truly in there come out stronger and clearer.

      Delete
  2. I love B&W photos and these are so good!Have you done any of Beceite?- The paper mill(s)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like these shots, Jack! I do have some of Beceite, I'll make a selection and post them here. Unfortunately, the camera I am using now is not nearly so good as my Nikon and I almost always need to postwork to make up for its shortcomings.

      Delete
  3. I love the photos - esp. the grid-like ones, which remind me of the graphic shapes of patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great association of ideas! Imagine an urban patchwork along those lines, it would be amazing. At least to me, since I know very little about patchwork.

      Delete
  4. Stunning photographs Ersi....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love photography and sometimes we come across such inspiring 'subjects'!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...