welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Sunday, 19 August 2012

a fisherman's art

Not the art of fishing


but the art of weaving nets


and spreading them out to dry on the wharf


without even thinking about art


or colour combinations.


Photographs taken in Arenys de Mar
a small town on the Costa Brava,
the Northern coast of Catalonia, in Spain.

10 comments:

  1. perfectly fabulous.. art in the truest form!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! If I could take those huge nets home, they would be 'found objects' or 'land art' even.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful...they really look like pieces of art.
    Congrats, Ersi...you won the Searching for Roy G Biv Challenge fabric for this month. If you can contact me with your mailing address, I will send it off to you..threadborn@gmail.com.
    http://www.threadbornblog.com/2012/08/this-months-roy-winner-is.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is amazing! Lucky me! The fabric is lovely and I am thrilled with my good luck, thank you so much. I already emailed my address to you, looking forward to receiving the fabric!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I could look at these shots all day...and most definitely want to visit Arenys de Mar to see them in person. Just imagine...an artist book of nothing but these lovely nets. And some are blue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you did visit and did create an artist's book with fishing nets! I wish I could see it right now. The colours of the nets were incredible and I think it would be fun to watch them fade week by week as they stretch in the sun. Nets catching the passing of time...

      Delete
  4. Ersi, these are stunning works of art. How amazing that such utilitarian objects can be so magically beautiful. You were lucky to see them; and of course the artist in you can see their potential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! They seemed to have been arranged for a stage setting, especially the ones in the first shot. I couldn't believe I was the only one taking pictures there!

      Delete
  5. EM- such an amazing find - such beautiful colour and texture in such functional objects - love that you captured these and shared them - I want to be there. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you like them, Barry! I think you'd find many things to love in Spain, maybe you can visit some time?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...