welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Thursday, 16 August 2012

have I got green?

I hadn't planned on writing a blog post today but having a quick look down my blogzzz list gave me a nice excuse. I came upon Jennifer's entry Searching for Roy G Biv - Green (it really means she's searching for Red - Green - Blue) that ends with a question to her readers: Have you got green?


I do! And what a gorgeous, unexpected green it is! This dazzling chameleon belongs to a neighbour (it's her hand that you see here), he's her pet and peaceful companion. A perfect contrast to her boyfriend, she told me!


The chameleon does not have a name or was not willing to disclose it. He was however more than willing to be petted, stroked and admired.

I took these pictures about two weeks ago but, being August a very busy month for me, I never decided to take the time to post them. So thanks, Jennifer! I hope you like my green.

16 comments:

  1. I found my way over to your amazing photos of the chameleon via Jennifer's blog. What a fascinating creature, and perfect for this month's color theme!

    Here's my green:
    http://arzigogolare.blogspot.it/2012/08/thinking-of-green.html

    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I was lucky to have taken these shots, they fit the theme wonderfully.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous creature - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen a chameleon up close and I was fascinated by him. I couldn't believe he is real!

      Delete
  3. Isn't he beautiful! You are lucky to have such a gorgeous neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't I! He doesn't go out much, so I think we can call that a lucky encounter :)

      Delete
  4. so happy to see someone new playing with Jennifer and me...love the chameleon! So many greens rolled into one fabulous beasty!--Julie
    you can see my Maine greens here:
    http://www.threadbornblog.com/2012/08/searching-for-roy-g-biv-challenge-green.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't aware of the rules so I only posted 2 photos. I'll do better next time :)

      Delete
  5. I don't think I have anything green...and whilst i appreciate the beauty of the Chameleon I am truly not an animal person....I am a real coward and they scare me witless.
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least I can promise you that this spectacular fellow will not jump off the screen to scare you :)

      Delete
  6. E-what an amazing creature; and great photo. Glad the green thing happened so you could share this. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barry. Isn't nature amazing? Keep well and see you soon.

      Delete
  7. Just caught up with your beautiful green beast. The range of colour is brilliant. Does it change colours if you put it on a different background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know if he changes colour but then he's supposed to, isn't he? I came upon him and his loving carrier as I was running up the stairs to my apartment. I was in a hurry but I can't remember why now. And she was going down the stairs to meet some friends. The sight of the chameleon froze me in place. The owner laughted. I gaped at him. She asked me if I would like to stroke him. I asked if I could take some pictures. I did both things and we went our separate ways.

      Maybe I should write a short story about that encounter?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...