welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Sunday, 26 August 2012

lucky again!

I have been pondering for a while how to title this blog entry. Something that could convey my surprise and amazement without sounding like a five year old's scream of joy. I failed. No ingenious phrase, no witty exclamation came to mind. So I stick to the facts: I have been lucky again, I won another online draw!

Mallorca in a Frame of Mind

Barry was holding a lovely give-away in his blog and he was giving away no less than three beauties made by him: a brass tube ring, two earring leaves and a 'tadpole' spoon. And yes, my name was drawn again out of the hat and I won the brass tube ring! Thank you so much, Barry! When I left a comment to the entry where he announced the give-away, I thought to myself: 'Wouldn't it be great to have that ring?' Et voilà.

Solitude
Sitges, Catalonia, Spain

I wrote in my previous entry that I hadn't won anything in a draw since I was seventeen. So maybe you are as amazed as I am with my luck recently. Two wins in a week! I'll be itching and twitching till Julie's fabric and Barry's ring get here. And then I'll show them both off in my blog. Is some showing off allowed on exceptional occasions?

Afternoon Stroll
Sitges, Catalonia, Spain

This evening I'm having dinner out with some friends. The temperature has gone down and we can finally breathe and sleep at night and enjoy the open air. Maybe next time I dine with them I'll be wearing a gorgeous brass tube ring!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ersi, doesn't luck come in threes? And I love the gorgeous photographs in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today? That would be a resounding third win!

      I'm so pleased you like the photos, thank you, Helen.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Ersi, congratulations! Barry's ring is really beautiful, as are all his treasures he makes. Lovely photos here in your post. As your temperatures come down ours are gently rising. Looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Winning those items makes me feel more connected to you all and it's a sweet feeling. Enjoy spring and I hope your summer will be sweet too :)

      Delete
  3. congrats... I have a small silver bowl from Barry.. so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to have a collection of Barry's works, for me and for my home. You are very lucky to have to bowl.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...