welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Friday, 14 December 2012

a cabbage, a door and a cold

the cabbage


the wood
 

the door 


the magic keyhole


the woodworm and the rust

the village of Lledó

Where I went with a friend some days ago, to spend the morning and take some photographs. In the process, I caught a nasty cold so today I'm spending the day at home, sipping hot milk with honey and munching on oranges. No pictures of that!


But this is a picture of me while catching the infamous cold. It was sunny, it was freezing, it was windy and my warm jacket was not warm enough, as it turns out. Time to give in and take an aspirin.

14 comments:

  1. oh, what one does for their art!
    i do hope you feel better quickly... hot milk and honey sounds so wonderful, i may have to try it...
    take good care -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel better today though my throat is very soar. Have difficulty speaking. Try hot milk with honey any time, it's delicious! Thank you, Mary Jane :)

      Delete
  2. Ersi- These are truly beautiful photos. I fell in love with the colors of the cabbage against the blue and then I saw the wood and the secret key hole...so much texture! Hope you feel better soon..--Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! That cabbage seemed to have a keen sense of design, I just had to photograph it. As for the door, it barred the way to an old patio full of brambles and broken furniture. No roof, thence the delightful golden light seen through the keyhole.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos ersi, and the wood is fantastic. Love the textures and the keyhole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old, worn doors (everyone probably does) and that keyhole just stopped me on my tracks! Thank you, Helen.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely collection of patterns you found, from the cabbage leaf veins & ruffled edges to the wood knots/holes/grain and tree branches/shadows! And I love the well-composed 'self-portrait'. Such a shame you got a cold though - thank goodness it's citrus season.
    Here's hoping you're back to good health quickly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nasty cold ran its nasty course and I am feeling better today. The weather is warmer too, at least for the weekend. I'm running out of oranges and paper handkerchiefs though :) Thank you for you good wishes!

      Delete
  5. I love the textures. Hope you get well soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on both counts! Feeling better already.

      Delete
  6. Hi Ersi - hope you are on the mend. I love that door and all its worn glory and the shot of you being very focused! Go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fiona! I am much better, thank you, and very pleased you enjoyed all the aged subjects in my shots :))

      Delete
  7. I was going to say that I hope you are feeling better but I see from the comment above that you are...that's good! I wish you a magical Christmas! x
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I wish you the Happiest of Holidays too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...