welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Thursday, 20 December 2012

in a state of white

This is my entry to the 'Searching for Roy G Biv' challenge held monthly by Julie B Booth and Jennifer Coyne Qudeen. This month's colour is WHITE. Those of you interested in participating, just post your white photographs and leave a comment on Julie's blog so she knows and can mention you.

a show of fog and snow

my (living)room with a view

zooming into silence

white-washed and sun-bleached

a white fractal rose

and a white fractal mystery

white-on-white embroidery I

white-on-white embroidery II

white paper on white paper

white papers in white boxes

My thanks always to Julie and Jennifer for holding this pressure-free, fun-filled challenge!

10 comments:

  1. OMG Ersi! White is your "color"! Too many choices to comment on..I can feel the silence in your snowy town, the fractals are so beautiful and interesting and of course, you know I LOVE what you are doing with white on white in your own work. Thanks as always for participating. Pls know that the violet fabric will be coming after the holidays (when sanity returns!)--Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! Yes, I think white is my colour and I still want to explore it further. I'm delighted you like my entries. No worries for the violet fabric, it will be like getting an early 2013 gift :)

      Delete
  2. What a great series of 'white' images, Ersi! I like the progression of scale, from vistas & views (the first one is my favorite of these) to your computer work and then your studio work. Your entire recent body of work fits beautifully into the 'white' theme, and it has led you to some beautiful places...thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! That first shot is my favourite too, it's not easy to get such amazing non-vistas!

      Delete
  3. mmm.... i agree... great series of photos & love the white on white work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wonder if I'll ever tire of white-on-white...

      Delete
  4. Wow Ersi! This is like a massage for my eyes. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, this is one of the best compliments ever! Keep looking and thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. I love your white photographs ersi, especially the fractals - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thank-yous, Helen! I made those fractals two or three years ago and they probably mark the beginning of my 'white craze'.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...