welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

two thousand and thirteen joys



Are two thousand and thirteen joys enough for a year? I hope so. Doing the math, we get over 5.5 joys per day and that's not bad at all. I'd sign up any time. Also now I think that the calculi of joy may seem foolish or maybe whimsical and a bit surrealist. Like a rabbit carrying a watch or a hat that looks like a shoe. It could be the title of a curious short story.

Ok, this is really the reason for my entry today. Some of you may be following Alisa Golden's blog: Making Handmade Books. It's one of those sites that give me joy and where we can Explore the Crossroads of Art, Craft, Reading, and Creative Writing as stated in the blog header.

Only yesterday Alisa announced a new project, Star 82 Review, and is calling out to artists and writers to submit their works to this quarterly publication. There are several categories to submit to. I think it's a beautiful and interesting project, as her works always are, and I wanted to share the idea with you.

Maybe you'll find a source of quarterly joy there!

12 comments:

  1. 5.5 hours of embroidery would be a joy wouldn't it? I hope you have an amazing 2013....x
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have those 5.5 hours of embroidering joy already, lucky you!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for commenting to start the New Year. Your blog is really pretty. By the way I lived in Athens for a year, many moon ago now.
    Best wishes for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we share some memories from Athens! That's nice to know. Thanks for your kind words, Jackie.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Ersi! I've so enjoyed watching your creative explorations this year. You are the queen of dimensional white! Thanks also for the link to Alisa's blog. It was very interesting and I feel as if her suggestions about how to begin a story will be a real help to me for future projects. Joyful creating in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The queen of dimensional white! I love that, thank you Julie! And I am so pleased you found Alisa's blog interesting, there are hundreds of ideas to consider and explore there.

      Delete
  4. 5.5 joys per day sounds wonderful. wishing you a joy in each moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanna! Same to you, not a joy less!

      Delete
  5. Well, my non-math brain thanks you for working out that one!
    However you find/create them, I hope your joys do reach the mark.Here's to a good year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd never be able to work it out, my calculator did! A wonderful year to you too!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love the idea of two thousand and thirteen joys! You certainly bring your share of joy to to the arty blogosphere, Ersi - here's hoping you enjoy all of the joys that come to you in this New Year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lisa, thank you so much! Your blog is high up on the list of joys and we'll be exchanging a letter a week among tens of other things in 2013. Have a joyful year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...