welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Wednesday, 24 April 2013

comments lost



Some time ago I subscribed to Google + and every now and then I drop by the site to snoop a bit and see what's new. I don't always understand the novelties. A few days ago I got an email prompting me to try out Google + comments. I enabled them without realising it meant that those of you who wanted to comment to my blog entries needed to become members of Google + too. As soon as it became clear I disabled the feature. But... all the comments left to my previous entry before disabling just disappeared. I'm sorry I lost them and I am also sorry that I inadvertently nudged some of you to subrscribe to the Google thingy. To compensate you, here is a branch of spring flowers for you to download if you like them. They would make a 14 x 14 cm (5.6" x 5.6") 300 dpi print -or a 28 x 28 cm (11.2" x 11.2") print at 150 dpi.

Proceeding to enter my 'paper home' madness again. XX

14 comments:

  1. Good to know. I got that too and almost enabled it but couldn't figure out how. LOL. A good thing. Now I won't. I don't need another computer program to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst thing about it is that it forces people to subscribe to Google + so they can comment, it's not an optional feature. I wish I had realised that from the beginning.

      Delete
  2. I did try to comment on your paper home and wasn't sure why I had become a pariah!
    But I think it seems a very calm house;clean and soothing.
    And I quite understand the pressure of having so much work all at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming back! I was foolish to enable that thing, there are so many resources online that sometimes I lose my way. I'm really pleased you like my paper home.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful spring flowers, Ersi!
    How irritating that social platforms & such things can be so complicated & limiting these days - I know you have other things to be spending your time on right now! (At least you got it all figured out...)
    Hoping all is well in the world of paper home madness : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should leave well enough alone! Sometimes my curiosity takes the lead, good thing I am not very very curious. Although they say that artists need to be. Oh, well...

      Delete
  4. A very beautiful image Ersi. I have been thinking of you this week. Not long now till the opening and you are probably anxious ..... don't be. The work speaks for itself and is wonderful. And you have such a lovely way with words that if you are speaking at the opening, I know it will be a delight. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking if maybe I should feign a badly hoarse throat so I can avoid talking in the opening, he he. No worries, I won't. I'm a bit used to talking in public after all the openings at the Exhibition Hall, while I was managing it. I am a bit nervous though. I can't tell you how much it means that you find my work interesting! I hope you are well and completely recovered now, Susan. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Ersi- I admit I was a bit confused when trying to comment on your wonderful paper home. I'm looking forward to photos of the exhibition. I'm sure that it will be beautiful. These are gorgeous flowers! Good to hear fr you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more confusion, I should never have enabled that thing. And thank you! I am rather looking forward to 9 May (day after the opening). It's lovely to hear from you too.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful image! And I am off to see if I have enabled that on my site or not I find the whole google+ quite confusing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks for dropping by. Too many social networks online, they just make me dizzy. It's great that you enjoyed the photo!

      Delete
  7. E - such delicate offerings. B

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...