welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Thursday, 20 June 2013

looking for the blues - Roy G Biv II

I have been cringing and shying away from my blog for many days. There are things to blog, grumble and fuss about but I didn't want to do that. I have been keeping reality to myself. But now I have the perfect excuse to be here again: the wonderful Roy G Biv challenge that I always enjoy so much.


I hope 'blue' includes cyan because I love this old window from the Greek island of Amorgos, in the Aegean Sea. The photograph is not new (and I could grumble a lot about needing a good camera here) but beauty never ages, does it?


Midday blues on the island of Corfu, in the Ionian Sea. That's the western part of Greece, facing Italy. A very hot August and a dusty summer wind that failed to cool the air.


From summerish cyans to winterish purple-blues. I took this shot in a cold evening in February -a February long gone. The horses didn't seem to mind the biting wind, they grazed and walked around leisurely.


A spectacular double rainbow as seen from my balcony door last autumn. At least I think it was in autumn. We get double rainbows frequently here but they are rarely so clear and vibrant. Oh, and the sky is blue, of course.


And a bouquet of flowers for you all, my dear friends from blogland and my new followers. I am probably testing your patience, bear with me for a while. Life is hurling lemons my way and I'm trying to keep my head above the pile.

14 comments:

  1. You know what they say when life gives you lemons - gin and tonic!

    Ersi, blogs are meant for fun, not a strict regimen.Two weeks in New York and I have not had time to blog, so just go with the flow.
    Hope it all levels out before long, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely drink alcohol but gin and tonic is a great idea. Much better than what I have now, anyway!

      I am trying to lure things into leveling out before I fall flat on my back. I am becoming an expert lemon whisperer. Enjoy New York and thanks for dropping in!

      Delete
  2. Ersi- I'm so happy to see your post. You always have such a beautiful yet eclectic selection of photos...always so evocative. The horses and the double rainbow..those are the ones that caught me this month.--Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Julie, great to have you here. Blue is a mystical colour and a very inspiring one, glad you enjoyed my entries.

      Delete
  3. Ersi,
    I came to your blog willingly and am glad I made my way here. The photos are wonderful but I love your Greek window, and one can never complain about rainbows!

    I have family connections to Greece, so seeing pictures of the islands is a treat.

    --Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you made it here too. I just saw your own Roy G Biv entries and loved them. Maybe we could schedule a joint Alaska-Greece Blues blog 'exhibition'.

      Delete
  4. Ersi, I come willingly too, of course, but I must say I rather enjoy the mental image of someone being brought to your blog, kicking and screaming... I do love that Greek window photo. I love windows and doors, and lots of other things so your ROY G BIV pics are a delight, always. So sorry to hear about the lemons, Ersi, but Di is right, gin and tonic is the go. Hang in there, we can wait until you feel back in the mood... xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! A bit of humour is never too much, is it? I'm happy you like these photographs, thank you. I have a thing for windows too, they seem to open up to something wider and deeper than a room. As for those nasty lemons... I should probably start collecting pie and drink recipes for them, just to show them!

      Delete
  5. Love your blues - especially the old window - gorgeous. Windows with all their possibilities are something of a preoccupation of mine, including the two I put on my Roy post. I will visit the rest of your blog when I have more time ... so pleasures to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Charlton! I'll take a more leisurely walk through your blog later this evening too. For the moment I enjoyed your Blue submissions very much!

      Delete
  6. Love that you share your moments when you can Ersi. The blues are all stunning and all unique; looking forward to your indigo! I know I am going eek already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up on the Indigo challenge last year, it's such a difficult colour! I hope I'll manage a few entries this time around but I'm right there eeking with you. Really happy you like my Blue entries, thanks!

      Delete
  7. Glad we can continue enjoying one another's blog posts with Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...