welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Thursday, 26 September 2013

a simple walk and a techno-dreamer

What? Blogging two days in a row? Well, some miracles do happen.

I have been taking some days off to rest and relax, doing nothing much and enjoying the calm. Yesterday I went for a walk in the late afternoon and I really liked how autumn colours are gradually taking over the countryside.


Some leaves are barely starting to turn yellow, I loved the contrast with the slightly darkening sky.


But the colour palette gets richer at the foot of that tree. Lovely shades of pink, magenta and purple being born from the summer greens.


And some delightful dots of blue...


 ...slightly blurry because I used the macro settings of the camera but wasn't carrying a tripod with me.


Pink and green are not only for the Spring...


Sitting at the feet of a cluster of cypresses growing close together. The sun is setting on the other side.


A young pine tree growing in the shelter of a low cliff.


More pine trees up the cliff. The dark shadow in the middle is cast by the cypresses.

So, who's the techno-dreamer? Oh, I left her at home when I went out for my walk.


I was planning on taking a week off but it is becoming a two-week period of relax. I could well be in the place of Colombina in this picture!

14 comments:

  1. The little dots of blue are indeed delightful ... and the greens and pinks, and the sun ... delicious!
    And Columbina has life well worked-out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Colombina is a princess and has not one care in the world :) Thanks, Charlton.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've been Roy G Biving, Ersi! Such a rich mix of colors...love the blue dots! I am dreaming about relaxing but have to keep on writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roy G Biving indeed! I love autumn, it's like a gentle caress of nature. I'm sure your writing effort will bring forth great occasions for relax and fulfillment, hold on in there!

      Delete
  3. gorgeous colours Ersi ... wish I had been there in the autumn and not mid winter/spring! Was beautiful where you live - must be totally engaging now. I have been busy looking out for you on my doorstep x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time you can make it in autumn? With my apartment flood-free and great opportunities to walk around and enjoy those sweet autumn colours?

      My beaming-over-to-Australia efforts have been unsuccessful, I'll have to try the conventional flying-over methods. On my witch's broom I mean :)) XX

      Delete
  4. What wonderful colours Autmn offers - they are such a delight to the eye, they are almost made to distract you from the fact that what follows next is winter! Love the colours - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona! I'll try to take more pictures in October, when the vineyards turn red before losing their leaves. It's quite a sight. It must seem a bit strange to you now that you are heading into summer.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you are relaxing more and enjoying fall. The colors are certainly gorgeous. A good time to be outside enjoying nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the best of times (for me, at least). I love autumn and it invites me to be out there much more than summer.

      Yes, I am relaxing after a long, exhausting summer. I'm in a 'if life gives you lemons, hurl them back at her' mood :)

      Delete
  6. E - beautiful images of your walk; and loved reaching the photo of the techno dreamer. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Barry! Autumn is a comforting season, calms everything down and invites to reflect. And I love how my cats relax as if they hadn't a worry in the world (they don't!)

      Delete
  7. Hi Ersi, thank you for your images of country side.. so similar to here in the U.S. .. beautiful nature with vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, happy you enjoyed the photos. Autumn has a special magic everywhere, doesn't it? I've only been to the Northeastern side of the US but I remember how much I enjoyed every walk or drive around the countyside. It was like falling in love every day. Thanks for dropping in!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...