welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Sunday, 27 April 2014

sea mosaic and spring folly

As I mentioned the other day, there were two more gelli prints awaiting to be finished so I could show them to you. They belong to my 'green period' prints, since I created them to use up the excess paint I had poured onto my palette.

'sea mosaic'
single gelli print, graphite and collage on 250 gsm Stonehenge paper

I've been deliberately more careless with my brushstrokes and even added a touch of painting on the dried print. It's the narrow whitish band in the middle, painted with white acrylic. I used a palette knife to create the relief that may be seen as a surf line. The mosaic on the right is a collaged piece of paper that I painted a long time ago.

'spring folly'
single gelli print, rubber stamping and graphite on 250 gsm Stonehenge paper

Extra-careless brushstrokes here and a mistake I decided to endorse. The printed area was supposed to be centered on the paper but I didn't place it correctly on the gel plate. These papers are smaller than the plate, so this mistake was bound to happen at some point.

The small grungy square on the lower right side of the print was stamped directly onto the paper using the flat 'bottom' of a rubber and a grungy black ink pad.

The urge to go back to the greys and grey-blues is quite strong but I am resisting it, I don't know for how long. There's something more I need to do with bright colours, though I won't find out what till I actually do it. I've been eyeing my little bottle of bright red liquid acrylic with wonder and, as we all know, there's no telling what red is capable of.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Ersi, these are beautiful! You are capturing colour with great elegance. You have a very good eye - and I'm loving your use of colour. I look forward to that red appearing soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol! I think the bright red acrylic is a bit intimidating for me. I'm getting closer to it an inch at a time. It looks so young and strong and self-assured that I end up backing away :-) But it's in the front row of my bottles of paint, so I guess its time will come soon.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...