welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Sunday, 10 August 2014

farewell, kitty

I have been trying to start this entry for about two hours now and it's required a great emotional effort. The injured cat died early this afternoon. Rest in peace, my sweet. You didn't deserve to die like that.

I had to work at the Exhibition Hall this morning so I wasn't with him when he died. I regret it terribly.

Your loving, kind donations raised a third of the amount required for his care. I am emailing each one of you privately but I would also like to share my idea here. Is it ok with you all if I keep the money for possible future emergencies? There are more street cats I feed and try to protect and they are all exposed to the same dangers. Your donations will become a fund that I'll keep for their sake.

I have already removed the Donate button from my blog. I am deeply grateful for your help and consideration and it saddens me so much to have to share these bad news with you. You did make me feel less alone in my effort and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

Only this morning I was able to locate a veterinary about 100 kms from here who collaborates with an association dedicated to animal care. She would have been able -and willing- to help at a lower cost. I wish I had found out earlier. Nevertheless, I'll know who to contact immediately if anything happens to the cats in the future.

I really can't write more on the subject right now, I feel devastated.

THANK YOU.

6 comments:

  1. KEEP IT, save my donation for future emergency work, Sweetie. You are doing a great thing regardless of the poor boy's passing....big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Arlee. It really means a lot! Big hugs to you too.

      Delete
  2. I'm only too happy for you to use my donation for your other cats. Ersi, I'm so sorry you lost your little boy after all your efforts but you gave him something wonderful in caring for him. Love and hugs, Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my lovely friend! My little mewing friends are very grateful too. Love. xxx

      Delete
  3. A shared heart is never a lone heart. Keep him sweetly in memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, along with your loving help. Thank you, Henrietta! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...