welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Monday, 11 August 2014

what's in a name...

The blinding August sun is not so bright for me today. Last evening I burried the sweet cat that died in my house from extensive internal injuries after (probably) being hit by a car.

Everyone who donated to help save him has agreed that I keep the money for future emergencies and again I would like to thank them for their warm generosity. It has meant the world to me.

This morning I had an idea. Most of the street cats I look after don't have a name, sometimes I come up with a name for some of them but not always. So now they will be named after the wonderful friends who contributed to create my 'Cat-Care Fund'. All donators were ladies (women rock!) so the male cats will have to settle for a name they may not find quite fitting though I think they won't care. They are wise enough to tell the important from the superficial.

The words 'friends online' has never meant so much to me before.

There are many, many wonderful things in your names.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Ersi, as usual, I am late to the story and I apologise for not giving you my support when you needed it. I understand your devastation at the suffering and loss of this poor little creature, I am certain they understood your compassion and care and I am also certain that you made their final days so much more comfortable. It is a wonderful and generous thing you do to look after these abandoned creatures that, through no fault of their own, have no say in how they are treated or where they end up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Robyn, please don't apologise! Your comment here is a great support in the aftermath of this sad loss. The poor kitty purred like crazy every time I went in to check on him, so I believe he felt comforted and loved even through his pain. I do what I can for the street cats, I feel for them and I wish I could do much more. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I name all my garden kitties and some even learn to come when I call their names. These are usually the ones born in the garden that let me play with them. Purring is so wonderful a way of saying they don't fear the human touch because they feel love. Dream sweetly little one. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how they know their names, those who have one. They may not come to me but they turn their heads to listen, they are very sensitive and intelligent. Henrietta is a blackish-brown female cat with light orange 'brushstrokes' all over :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ersi- I'm so sad to hear that the little guy didn't make it. I know that you gave your all and I'm sure it was comforting to him to be so well taken care of in the end. I think what you are doing is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearly, Julie! I wish I had been in time to save his life, I miss him terribly. I also wish I had enough money to create an animal shelter here, with a resident veterinarian. The ones available nearby are not very obliging.

      Delete
  4. Ersi, don't wear yourself out thinking things could have been different. You gave that little cat comfort in his last days, a wonderful gift. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to focus on this thought rather than going over what I could have done under different circumstances.Thanks, dear Carol. XX

      Delete
  5. sending you love and friendship - thank you for your caring for the kitties... I miss mine

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and friendship received and treasured :-) Thank you Elizabeth!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...